India raider Pawan Sehrawat was sold to Telugu Titans for a record 2.61 crores during the PKL 2023 Season 10 Auction being held in Mumbai on Monday, becoming the most expensive player in PKL history.
In the last auction, Pawan was roped in from Bengaluru Bulls ahead of this season for 2.26 crore rupees, a move which made him the most expensive player in PKL history.
However, he injured his knee in the very first match for the Thalaivas and was ruled out for the entire season and needed a surgery. Tamil Thalaivas eventually decided against retaining the 27-year-old.
Pawan finished season 8 of the PKL with a whopping 314 raid points, including 18 super-10s.
Earlier this month, India led by Pawan, eked out a close 33-29 win against Iran in the Asian Games 2023 men’s kabaddi final to win the gold medal.
- PKL Auction 2023 Live updates, Day 1: Updated teams, Full player list, purse remaining; Shadloui, Pawan break record; Maninder returns to Bengal
- PKL Auction 2023, Season 10: Bengaluru Bulls uses FBM to retain Vikash Kandola
- PKL Auction 2023, Season 10: Pawan Sehrawat joins Telugu Titans for 2.61 crores; becomes most expensive buy in history
- PKL 2023 auction LIVE updates, Day 1: Telugu buys Pawan Sehrawat at record 2.61 cr, Puneri gets Shadloui at 2.35 cr, Gujarat buys Fazel-Nabi; Bengal uses FBM card for Maninder at 2.12 cr; Squads, money left, sold, unsold players list
- PKL Auction 2023 LIVE updates: Full list of sold and unsold players; Pawan Sehrawat becomes most expensive player